Tips on Online Dating and how to land your first Date!
After my post about my suggested apps you can use to online date, I got so much positive feedback and questions! A lot of ladies have these apps but do not know what step to take next to set up that date. I have been online dating for years and have had so much success when it comes to guys asking me out. NO that does not make me a bad person. Just because you go on a date does not mean you, you have to sleep with the person. (Unless that is what you want). Online dating gives you options that you should take every advantage of. The first date is the time to get to know the man and decide where you want it to go. Take these steps to get your foot in the door and all the way in!
- Post your best pictures: If you are using an online dating site like POF, Tinder, Black people meet, etc. These people have never seen you before so you have an advantage. Post all your best pictures! The pictures do not have to be with you in a full face of makeup but they should draw attention. These pictures include full body pictures, a picture of you smiling, picture doing an activity you love. People on these sites look at the pictures first before the move on to even reading your profile to stand out. You do not have to post revealing pictures to get some attention. If you’re on Facebook and looking for a date, you can always “hide” pictures an albums you do not want your potential boo to see.
- Be clear in your description: All dating sites have a profile you have to set up and there is always a section where you have to describe yourself. Write some positive traits about yourself (he can find you’re crazy later 😉). Be clear on what you are looking for on the site. When I met my current boo, in my description I let them know I was a single mom and we come as a package. I don’t want my time to be wasted so I put that out there. Think of it as you posting a job description and you’re listing the qualifications candidates need to be considered.
- Shoot your shot: Do not be afraid to send the first message. Guys love when girls re confident enough to go to them. Be cute and flirty in your first message. Do not send something boring like “hey”. Maybe he has a picture of his dog, mention it in the message. Example: “I love your dog!what breed is he/she?”. He will see you’re interested in something important in his life and will most likely respond.
- Do your research: When I say research I mean LURK. The last thing you want is to end up on catfish. Make sure everything he is telling you is backed up by proof. If he tells where he works, make sure that place actually exists. Facetime/video chat him to make sure you are speaking to the person who is pictured. Is He is giving too many excuses? Abandon ship. This is not being weird, this is protecting yourself! You can look up almost anything online, so use it.
- Don’t be boring: Ask questions, be playful and make the conversation interesting. I hate boring conversations with a passion. It is the quickest way for someone to lose interest. Flirt, Flirt, Flirt your life away! You are a single woman so have fun.
- Any Woman can get a date: this is a fact. If he is taking too long to ask you out, try sending him some hints. A couple examples are like “when will I get to meet your handsome self” or “Have you ever been to ABD restaurant? Always wanted to go there”. Sometimes men don’t get it and you have to help them LOL
- Tell people: When you get a date, make sure you tell people who you’re with and where you will be going. People put on acts every day and you just want to be extra sure and safe. Keep pepper spray in your purse always or anything else you use to defend yourself.
- Don’t be discouraged: The worse someone can do when it comes to online dating is say no or just ignore you. *insert shoulder shrug* That is okay. There are way too many men out here to be worrying about a guy who was not lucky enough to get with you. Keep on swiping till you find the right one!
Do you ladies have anything you want to add? Share them below!
Like what you read? here are more posts, you may enjoy!
Peace, Love & Melanin
-The Brown Mom